Outreach & Ministry
Our vision is God’s abundant love transforming lives.
Our mission as followers of Jesus is to love, encourage and serve God’s people.
Flowing naturally from our vision and mission is our motto to invite, inspire, care and share. That’s the core of our outreach and ministry activities in all 5 of our churches.
SOME OF OUR ACTIVITIES
- Good Samaritan has a long history of financially supporting the work and ministry of Camp Couchiching on Sparrow Lake.
- St Paul’s holds regular fundraising projects with a portion of proceeds going to various local and diocesan causes.
- St Paul’s Work of the People members work on the Orillia Out of the Cold program and the Cumberland Beach School breakfast program.
- St. Luke’s holds regular events with some proceeds going to outreach and also several members include a donation in their regular offerings designated for outreach. The wardens, in consultation with the priest and the advisory board send these donations on to local, regional and national initiatives where need has been identified.
- St. George’s holds regular events such as suppers and auctions with all proceeds going to identified missions.
- Coldwater-Medonte parish contributes financially to the annual Coldwater Vacation Bible School, and members of St. John’s and the associate priest work on site during the week-long event in July.
A PARISH OF DIOCESE OF TORONTO, ANGLICAN CHURCH OF CANADA
Being member churches in the diocese of Toronto we all have a commitment to support Faithworks, which is a diocesan umbrella organization providing funding for caring and sharing projects across the diocese. Two projects in our area are the David Busby Centre in Barrie, and Couchiching Jubilee House in Orillia.
Our prayer ministry includes intentional prayer both in church and personally for those whose needs are known to us. We pray for our own members and also for any other people or situations that we are aware of.
Our clergy and some lay volunteers make regular visits to retirement homes, nursing homes and hospitals where our members are located. We take God's encouraging word and the sacraments to those in need.